Motivation and Inspiration
An ongoing list of those things I find motivating, worthwhile, and enjoyable…
- 1/27/09 – I keep a journal. Have for years. I find it helps me make positive changes in my life.
- 1/29/09 – When today doesn’t go so great, there is always tomorrow to see improvement.
- 2/3/09 – The Lord helps those who help themselves.
- 2/9/09 – Say “I love you” every day to every person it applies to. Tomorrow may never come.
- 2/17/09 – Take in the sunshine. Feel it on your face and be grateful. Stay as long as possible.
- 2/25/09 – Josh Groban – You Raise Me Up is one of my favorites, but all his stuff is good.
- 3/11/09 – All things happen for a reason. (Last fall I was upset that I couldn’t finish my basement like I wanted it so I did an inexpensive remodel – yesterday it flooded for the first time ever. Thank God for small favors – it could have cost me thousands)
- 3/18/09 – A good book can be a God send. I love to read. Today’s choice: Marley and Me
- 3/31/09 – 13 days later I read it! Seriously, it is sunshine, fresh air, and being outside that keeps me going. At a park with a good book on a sunny day, I’m happy.
- 4/27/09 – No matter how bad the winter, there will always be spring.
- 6/8/09 – Did I forget to be grateful while I was waiting for grades? No. Even when you are sure something is bad, it might turn out to be ok after all. And one of my favorite songs is about “some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.” That has been true more than once in my life.